What is Postman.gov.sg?
Postman.gov.sg is a mass messaging tool for the Singapore Government, officially launched on 14 May 2020.
We've since sent out more than 78 million messages from over 90 agencies. This includes Quarantine Orders, Covid Test Results and Employer notices.
Start using Postman by logging in with an @agency.gov.sg email address!
- Easily customize messages to reach a wide audience: Create a message template, upload a file containing customization parameters, and we will handle the rest for you.
- Mass send emails: Just click
send campaignand Postman.gov.sg will send those messages out to your intended audience via email.
- Mass send SMSes: Enter your Twilio credentials under
settings, and Postman.gov.sg will send those messages via SMS. No integration with Twilio is needed.
- Mass send Telegram messages through a bot: Get your recipients to subscribe to your Telegram bot and use Postman.gov.sg to send Telegram messages to the subscribers by uploading the subscriber's contact list.
- View stats: Keep track of your campaign's progress as it is sending and check back when it is completed.
Email and SMS are not 100% secure. We recommend that you don’t put any sensitive information in the email or SMS content. Some of our users generate a recipient-specific unique link that opens up to a locked page. We have completed our VAPT on June 15th, 2020, and fixed our vulnerabilities.
Postman.gov.sg is only available on the internet at the moment.
When in doubt, you should follow IM8’s guidelines on data classification. We use cloud infrastructure so we are able to handle up to restricted data.
Non-sensitive to sensitivity low-normal
API calls: API stands for application programming interface. You need your engineers or IT support to help send your source database information to Postman.gov.sg through an API call. In order to use this feature, you need to generate an API key from
settingsin the Postman.gov.sg user interface and follow the Swagger Doc to start sending Postman.gov.sg what you want to send through an API call.
User Interface: Users can access the user interface web app through https://postman.gov.sg. You can set your credentials for SMS under
settingsand start to send SMS and email campaigns right away.
Type of Use Case
Email & SMS
Engineering or IT team to send messaging info from the source system to Postman.
Email, SMS, and Telegram Bot
Manual intervention required
@agency.gov.sg email access to log in
Fill out an access request form if you do not have an @agency.gov.sg email address.
Postman.gov.sg is open-sourced. Visit our GitHub repo to start contributing to our code. Contributing guidelines can be found here.